James K. Polk
James K. Polk Quiz
1. Which one of these was
Dark Horse Candidate
Napoleon of the Stump
2. Which of the following institutions/structures was
created during Polk's administration?
3. Which one of the following was
granted statehood during Polk's Presidency?
4. During her widowhood, Sarah Polk did not...
visit President Johnson at the White House.
adopt a daughter.
entertain Confederate and Union generals.
5. Which of the following was
one of Polk's educational accomplishments?
Entered the University of North Carolina as a sophomore.
Briefly attended West Point.
Graduated from college with top honors in mathematics.
Was a law apprentice under future Attorney General Felix Grundy.
6. Which one of the following was
a position held by James K. Polk?
Clerk of the Tennessee State Senate.
Captain of local militia.
Postmaster of Columbia, Tennessee.
7. Which of the following was
a political slogan during the Election of 1844?
Who is James K. Polk?
Fifty-four Forty or Fight.
James K. Polk and George M. Dallas, One for the rope, the other for the gallows.
Free soil, free labor, free speech.
8. Which of the following was
a major event during Polk's administration?
Photography was invented.
Gold was discovered in California.
First stamp was issued.
First Women's Rights Convention was held.
9. Which of these political ideals was
true of James K. Polk?
The U.S. should stretch from the Atlantic to the Pacific.
Federal money should be spent on the building of roads and canals.
Cuba should be acquired by the United States.
Federal money should not be in private banks.
10. From the end of Polk's Presidential term until his death three months later, Polk did
tour southern states.
visit his mother.
have bladder stones removed.
Click here to discover the answers.
Site design and development by
and Jim Sewell Design